Mac 'n' Cheese in the Dutch Oven
It's the time of year to start getting excited about your planned camping trips for the up coming season - or maybe you are one of the brave souls that loves camping in January - either way, this recipe should tickle your taste buds and hopefully inspire you to get your campfire roaring and your Dutch Oven smouldering!
This recipe with feed 6 happy campers.
- 700ml semi skimmed milk
- 600ml water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 450g pasta - any shape will do!
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 350ml evaporated milk
- 150g cheddar cheese
- Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika - optional
- Add the milk, water and salt to your dutch oven and bring to the boil.
- Add the pasta to the dutch oven and stir slowly, cook partially covered until the pasta is al dente - approximately 10 minutes depending on the type of pasta you have used.
- Reduce the heat then add the butter, dijon mustard and evaporated milk, stirring continuously.
- Slowly add the cheese one handful at a time whilst continuing to stir. The sauce will thicken as the cheese melts.
- Take the dutch oven off the heat and add pepper to taste and sprinkle over the paprika if using
- Enjoy at your leisure!!