Pulled BBQ Chicken in the Dutch Oven
Why not create a delicious pulled chicken burger on the fire pit at your next visit to a campsite. Simple yet scrumptious. Serve in a crusty roll topped with coleslaw!
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400ml barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp tabasco
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 12 buns
- In a Dutch oven heat olive oil. Cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until quite soft. Add the smoked paprka and stir. Add the chicken, pepper and salt.
- Add the stock and bbq sauce and cover it with the lid. Add a few coals on top, but keep the heat low and let it simmer for 60 minutes.
- Once tender remove the chicken and shred it with 2 forks.
- During that time, add more coals underneath the dutch oven and bring the bbq sauce mixture to a boil. If you need to skim off fat etc from the top, do that. Let it boil down to about ½ of its volume.
- Take the dutch oven off the coals, add the chicken back in and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the bbq chicken mixture on to a bun, top with some coleslaw and enjoy.
Enter your text here ...