Spicy Halloumi, Black Bean and Quinoa Salad
Now summer is approaching its time to start preparing delicious salads, why not try our spicy, filling and delicious quinoa salad, its easy and scrummy!
• 3/4 Cup Quinoa
• 1 Red Pepper, deseeded and cut into 2cm pieces
• 1 Can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 Small Tin of Sweet Corn, drained
• 1 tbs of Paprika
• 1 tsp of Chilli Powder
• 6 Spring Onions, finely sliced- separate the green and white parts
• 100g Baby Spinach, shredded
• 2 tbs of Coriander, chopped
• 1 Packet of Halloumi, sliced into 1cm slices
• 1 Lime • 2.5 tbs Olive Oil
1 Put the Quinoa in a dutch oven or pan, cover with 1.5 cups of water, bring to the boil, cover and then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes until the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
2 Put the chopped Red Pepper, Black Beans, Coriander, green part of the Spring Onions, Sweet Corn and shredded Spinach in a large bowl.
3 Mix the Paprika, Chilli Powder and 1/2 tabs of Olive Oil together, add the zest of the Lime and season well. Coat the Halloumi slices with this mixture and then fry in a skillet or frying pan, turning after a couple of minutes when the cheese becomes golden brown. Remove from the pan.
4 Add the whites of the Spring Onion to the skillet and fry for 1 minute.
5 Chop the Halloumi into 2cm pieces, stir into the quinoa mix along with the spring onions.
6 Make a dressing with the remaining Oil, the juice of the Lime and season well. 7 Serve immediately and enjoy!