Harissa Spiced Chicken with tasty pulses
A hearty and warming dish that can be cooked in your dutch oven on an open fire or at home on the hob. Perfect for a chilly November evening.
Ingredients - Serves 4
- 1tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion - sliced thinly
- 1 Garlic Clove - crushed
- 50g Harissa
- 500g Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Carrot - Medium - Grated
- 200g Dry Puy Lentils
- 2 Cans Chopped Tomatoes
- 1.2l Chicken Stock
- Parsley to serve
- Heat the oil in your dutch oven or large frying pan. Fry the onions until soft, add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the Chicken and Harissa and cook until the chicken is golden on the outside.
- Stir in the Carrots, Lentils and Chopped Tomatoes, pour in the stock until the Chicken is fully covered.
- Simmer uncovered for 30-35 minutes until the Lentils have absorbed all of the stock.
- Season well and serve with chopped parsley if using.